Wednesday, April 28, 2010

How to Train Your Dungeons & Dragons

Things on the blog have been quiet this month (what's new?), but with very good reason: I've been trying to tame both dragons and dungeons. In other words, I've been working on the launch for IDW's line of Dungeons & Dragons comics.

I can't reveal who I've been working with on the creative side of things, but I couldn't be more excited. Being an avid roleplayer back in high school (as discussed in this interview on CBR), I kept nagging both Hasbro and IDW about bringing D&D comics back to market. And now my wish has come true.

Much of the work is well underway, but details must be kept under wraps for the time being. Although, I will be putting together a development diary to give fans a peek behind the curtains. Still haven't decided on the home for this project, but there will be plenty of insider info in the #0 issue, coming in August. Seems like a long time, but these four months are going to go by in a flash for me.

If only I could cast a Time Stop spell...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:20 PM PDT

    Hey, in the release date list to the right, the final entry is June 6, which is a Sunday. Are those comics actually due on June 2, or are they for June 9, with nothing out on the 2nd?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are for June 2, fixed now. Thanks for the catch!

    ReplyDelete